-   -   to hide the arrow for numbers as text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/12051-hide-arrow-numbers-text.html)

ykffc

to hide the arrow for numbers as text

I want to leave say 2 numbers (such as 0002 or 0012) as text in two cells. I
know I can do in at least 2 ways:
1) type an apostrophe before typing 0002 or 0012, or
2) set the format of the 2 cells as text, then simply enter 0002 and 0012

Problem is I hate to see the green arrow at the top left corner of each of
these 2 cells. When the cell is selected, a small box with a little
exclamation mark and a drop down box appears. If the cursor is placed on the
drop down arrow, it displays a text message: the number of this cells is
formatted as text or preceded by an apostrophe. It is too much, thank you.
I know what I am doing. I have hundreds of such cells that contain numbers
and I want them to display as text. The feature (seems to apply for Excel
2000) is not useful for me.

What should I do to turn it off, that is, to remove the hundreds of green
flag now appearing in my spreadsheet?

Nick Hodge

You can either, via the drop down on the 'smart tag' choose to ignore the
error for this particular spreadsheet, turn them off completely via
ToolsOptionsError checking or on the same tab, turn off the display of
selected errors. In your case 'Numbers stored as text'

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"ykffc" wrote in message
[...]

Ron Rosenfeld

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 04:31:02 -0800, "ykffc"
wrote:

[...]

DEselect "Number stored as Text"

--ron