Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Toolbar/Menu Bar

Help!

Both my menu bar and tool bar have disappeared in Excel. The only thing that
appears on my screen the spreadsheet and the header bar (ie Microsoft Excel -
Book 1).

I am not able add/delete rows or colums, or in fact do anything apart from
enter letters or numbers into the cells.

This is the same on both new workbooks and existing files.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Press ALT+F11 to open the Visual Basic editor. There, press CTRL+G to
display the Immediate window. In that window, type the following and press
Enter

Application.DisplayFullScreen = False

Then enter the following and press Enter

Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled=True

Then enter the following and press Enter:

Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Reset

This should get your menu bar back. Once you get the menu bar, you can go to
the View menu and choose the toolbars you want to display.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Big Dave" wrote in message
Help!

Both my menu bar and tool bar have disappeared in Excel. The only thing
that
appears on my screen the spreadsheet and the header bar (ie Microsoft
Excel -
Book 1).

I am not able add/delete rows or colums, or in fact do anything apart from
enter letters or numbers into the cells.

This is the same on both new workbooks and existing files.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I had the same problem as described.
The instructions bellow solved the problem with Menu Bar, but i can't see
none standard tool bar.
Can you help me?

Thanks

Rocha