Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rob Rob is offline

Default Inserting a Date depending on a spereate Cell Value

Hello,
I'm wanting to have a formula that will automatically insert a date when a
seperate cells value changes.

Here's the senario...

Cell I36's value is currently "Pending" when it's value is changed to
"Completed" I want cell M36 to have the current date automatically inserted.
Currently when I36 is changed to one of three values I have a conditional
format change M36's color. I now also want a date inserted when it is
completed. I tried to do a formula that inserts NOW() but everytime the day
is changed (such as... today is the 28th but tomorrow is the 29th if I use
NOW() it'll keep the value as the current day which tomorrow will be the
29th) How do I stop this or get around it??

Thanks In Advance,
Rob