Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Make a cell a price off another cells color

We have the same parts, but in different colors. Certain customers get
discounts based off the color of the parts.
So it looks like this:
Color Price Discount Whole Price
Blue $20 ?? Price - Discount

The discount I am not sure how to do. It could be red, blue, or black.
So I want ti say "If A2 is Blue it equals 5% discount, but if it's Black it
equals 7%, but if it's Red it equals 10%

All the parts get the same discount off the color so I don't have to worry
about different part numbers. Help please!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In C2 use:
=IF(A2="blue",5%,IF(A2="black",7%,IF(A2="red",10%, NA())))
In D2 use
=B2*(1-C2)
best wishes (with homework?)
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Jerid B" wrote in message
We have the same parts, but in different colors. Certain customers get
discounts based off the color of the parts.
So it looks like this:
Color Price Discount Whole Price
Blue $20 ?? Price - Discount

The discount I am not sure how to do. It could be red, blue, or black.
So I want ti say "If A2 is Blue it equals 5% discount, but if it's Black
it
equals 7%, but if it's Red it equals 10%

All the parts get the same discount off the color so I don't have to worry
about different part numbers. Help please!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'd use another worksheet.

I'd put all the colors in column A and the discount percentage in column B.

Then use a formula like:

=vlookup(a2,sheet2!a:b,2,false)
to return that discount

or

=b2*(if(iserror(vlookup(a2,sheet2!a:b,2,false)),0,
vlookup(a2,sheet2!a:b,2,false)))

to do the arithmetic

Jerid B wrote:

We have the same parts, but in different colors. Certain customers get
discounts based off the color of the parts.
So it looks like this:
Color Price Discount Whole Price
Blue $20 ?? Price - Discount

The discount I am not sure how to do. It could be red, blue, or black.
So I want ti say "If A2 is Blue it equals 5% discount, but if it's Black it
equals 7%, but if it's Red it equals 10%

All the parts get the same discount off the color so I don't have to worry
about different part numbers. Help please!

--

Dave Peterson