Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Prevent blank cells

I have a Worksheet with blank cells or ones with text as subheadings dotted
around the sheet. What is the best way to prevent them from appearing to be
empty without causeing myself probelms, eg Sorting or Filtering or such like.
I am useing J-Walkenbach's Enhanced Data Form v2 and these blank or text only
cells pose a potential problem as they could inadvertantly have data entered
in them if the OP is not vigilant.
The Data Form will not work if the sheet is protected so I have started
changing empty cells to =0 then using the hide zero option and text cells
="text".
Is this the best approach? Any suggestions gratefully received