Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Name Field

I have an excel spread sheet that has a field with the last name then comma
then first name. I want to send out some labels this weekend and I need to
reverse this field so it has First name then Last name

How can I do that? I have tried for hours and the person who can help me is
out until Monday.

Thank you for any assistance you can give me
--
Larry
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would first use "Data"....."Text to columns" .... "delimited" and then use
'comma' as the delimiter. This will split up the names into two columns so
that it will no be Smith in one column and Joe in the next column rather than
Smith, Joe in one column.

I would then use the following formula in another column:

=B1&" "&A1

This forumla would grab the 1st name from B1 then put a space then grab the
last name from column A and should give you 'Joe Smith'

Does that make sense?

"Larry" wrote:

I have an excel spread sheet that has a field with the last name then comma
then first name. I want to send out some labels this weekend and I need to
reverse this field so it has First name then Last name

How can I do that? I have tried for hours and the person who can help me is
out until Monday.

Thank you for any assistance you can give me
--
Larry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Tim,

Wow!!! Instead of Concatenate, I can simply use the &. This will save me
some typing, along with the fact that I don't need to remember how to spell
cancotanete anymore :)

Thanks