Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nc nc is offline

Default Accounting report

Is there a website when I can find examples/techniques for designing reports
where raw data are grouped and summarised in a defined format e.g.

Turnover 200
Cost of Sales (100)
Gross profit 100

Other income 50

Expenses
Admin cost (10)
Postage (20)

Net profit 20

Examples of the raw data

Account dept Amount
1000 Fin

The raw data may be fitted into the above categories based on account and
dept.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Your question and your examples are entirely too general to categorize it
into any known template/format. Post back and describe what you have.
Provide some detail examples. Then state what you want to have and provide
examples of that. Remember than no one who reads your post has any idea or
knowledge about your business. HTH Otto
"nc" wrote in message
Is there a website when I can find examples/techniques for designing
reports
where raw data are grouped and summarised in a defined format e.g.

Turnover 200
Cost of Sales (100)
Gross profit 100

Other income 50

Expenses
Admin cost (10)
Postage (20)

Net profit 20

Examples of the raw data

Account dept Amount
1000 Fin

The raw data may be fitted into the above categories based on account and
dept.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nc nc is offline

Hi Otto

Thanks for your advice. I'll give it a try.

At present my report have two report sheets, summary, income and expenses.

The income sheet has the following categories,

Account Categories Amount
1100-1110 Student fees 20000
1120-1126 Full fee courses 10000
Academic fees 30000

1715-1720 Research grants 500
Other income 500

Total income 30500

The range of accounts are grouped into the above categories.

The expenses account has the following categories,

Account Dept Categories
Amount
2500-2999 ACA
2000
2500-2999 AFR
1000
Salaries: academic in academic dept
3000

2100-2499 ACA
500
2100-2499 AFR
250
Salaries:clerical in acad dept
750

Total Expenditure
3750

The range of accounts and dept are grouped into the above categories.

The data fields used to make up the above reports are,
Account,
Dept,
Amount.

On the report only the categories and their amount will be shown.

"nc" wrote in message
Is there a website when I can find examples/techniques for designing
reports
where raw data are grouped and summarised in a defined format e.g.

Turnover 200
Cost of Sales (100)
Gross profit 100

Other income 50

Expenses
Admin cost (10)
Postage (20)

Net profit 20

Examples of the raw data

Account dept Amount
1000 Fin

The raw data may be fitted into the above categories based on account and
dept.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

nc
As far as the layout of your report, that is entirely up to you. Start
with a blank Excel sheet and design your report. Where do you want this
data put? Where do you want that data put? And so on.
Come back if you want help in filling out the report, that is, help with
manipulating data in Excel.. HTH Otto

"nc" wrote in message
Is there a website when I can find examples/techniques for designing
reports
where raw data are grouped and summarised in a defined format e.g.

Turnover 200
Cost of Sales (100)
Gross profit 100

Other income 50

Expenses
Admin cost (10)
Postage (20)

Net profit 20

Examples of the raw data

Account dept Amount
1000 Fin

The raw data may be fitted into the above categories based on account
and
dept.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nc nc is offline

Dear Otto

This report is generated monthly using a database table, so I would like to
paste it is a space, and the report will be updated.

Thanks

NC

"nc" wrote in message
Is there a website when I can find examples/techniques for designing
reports
where raw data are grouped and summarised in a defined format e.g.

Turnover 200
Cost of Sales (100)
Gross profit 100

Other income 50

Expenses
Admin cost (10)
Postage (20)

Net profit 20

Examples of the raw data

Account dept Amount
1000 Fin

The raw data may be fitted into the above categories based on account
and
dept.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you saying that you want help with getting Excel to automatically update
the report range from a database table range? If you wish, send me your
file or a file that shows examples of what you have to start with and what
you want to end up with. Include information about where each value comes
from and where you want it to go. Also, do you want Excel to automatically
print the report after the data transfer? Include the version of Excel you
are using. My email address is . Remove the "nop"
from this address. HTH Otto