Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to get excel to simply count the number of red x's

Thats all i have no clue. Is there a simple formula to do this, and why
am i seeing stuff about visualbasic to accomplish this? If there is no
almost one line formula, what software can i use for this task? I've
tried this : =SUMPRODUCT(--(ColorIndex( A3:A167,TRUE)=3))
i keep gettin a name error and when i change SUMPRODUCT to COUNT, i
just get 0. But no name errors either. Any suggestions??????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You need to install a UDF (which is VBA Visual Basic for Applications) or
wait until Excel 2007 comes out

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

on how to install it

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/install.htm

after you have installed it you can use the sumproduct formula

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com