.:mmac:.

Default Date on two lines using a custom cell format possible?

I have a single cell set to display the date as

Sun, 1/1

and I would prefer it to be centered on two lines in the cell like:

Sunday
1/1

When entering text it is done using the Alt key but how can I do it with a
cell custom format?

Frank Kabel

Hi
AFAIK this is not possible

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

".:mmac:." <lost@sea schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have a single cell set to display the date as

Sun, 1/1

and I would prefer it to be centered on two lines in the cell like:

Sunday
1/1

When entering text it is done using the Alt key but how can I do it

with a
cell custom format?

.:mmac:.

I keep running into that problem.
Thanks.

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi
AFAIK this is not possible

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

".:mmac:." <lost@sea schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have a single cell set to display the date as

Sun, 1/1

and I would prefer it to be centered on two lines in the cell like:

Sunday
1/1

When entering text it is done using the Alt key but how can I do it

with a
cell custom format?

Gord Dibben

If you can live with the date as a text entry enter Sunday then ALT + ENTER
then 3 spaces and 1/1

Format the row to Autofit.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 16:08:30 -0800, ".:mmac:." <lost@sea wrote:

I keep running into that problem.
Thanks.

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi
AFAIK this is not possible

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

".:mmac:." <lost@sea schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have a single cell set to display the date as

Sun, 1/1

and I would prefer it to be centered on two lines in the cell like:

Sunday
1/1

When entering text it is done using the Alt key but how can I do it

with a
cell custom format?

David McRitchie

You can format as you wanted dddd then Alt+0010 then mmm dd
and turn cell wrap on *BUT* the column cannot be narrower than if
you had it all on one line within the cell.

If you have another cell to get the date value from you can
use =TEXT(B22,"ddd"&CHAR(10)&"mmm dd")
then if you don't want left alignmnet realign as center, or right
(your 1/1 is too ambiguous for me)

---
HTH,

"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote in message ...
[...]

.:mmac:.

Excellent! Right on target! I like the mmm format better now that I can fit
it in the wrapped cell. I had no idea that you could put extended characters
in the formatting.
Thank you very much!