Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Import text doc to XL. Need items seperated by " " in new column

Hello,
I am wondering if there is a way to take a text line "0.29 I IF IGI 1238"
and seperate it into columns based on where the space " " occurs?

Column A - 0.29
Column B - I
Column C - IF
Column D - IGI
Column E - 1238

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

DataText to ColumnsDelimited by "space"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 10:22:01 -0800, irvine79
wrote:

Hello,
I am wondering if there is a way to take a text line "0.29 I IF IGI 1238"
and seperate it into columns based on where the space " " occurs?

Column A - 0.29
Column B - I
Column C - IF
Column D - IGI
Column E - 1238

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If it's a separate text document, use Excel, File/ Open, txt documents,
browse to yours, choose delimited, select space as the delimiter.
If it's already in Excel in one column, use Data/ Text to Columns/
Delimited/ select space.
--
David Biddulph