Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy dublicate cells

I got around 50000 rows in column A
I need a list in column B with 1 instance of all duplicate cells from column
A.

i.e.:
A B
widgets widgets
widgets blue
widgets berry
widgets
blue
blue
snow
berry
berry
grass

Anyone know how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are various methods to do this - here's one:

1. Make a copy of Column A in column B then select C1.
2. Choose Data Consolidate; Function: Count; Range: A:B; Labels: Left
Column
3. Choose Data Filter Auto Filter and filter everything greater
than 1.

You could then copy this selection to another location if you wanted.

Mike Mike wrote:

I got around 50000 rows in column A
I need a list in column B with 1 instance of all duplicate cells from column
A.

i.e.:
A B
widgets widgets