Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Use and change special symbols in Excel

I wish to use special symbols such as a tick and cross marks in wingdings 2
font, within a worksheet. I inserted the two symbols in separate cells and
created a list to use the range, but, when I clicked on the list drop-down
box, the letters R and T were displayed, instead of the tick and cross marks.
How do I achieve this effect ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've hit the same problem before and the only answer I have is to format the
cell that the drop-down is associated with (or the cell itself if you're
using data validation) as WingDings 2 type font. The letters will still show
up in the list as R and T but when you close up the list, the check or tick
will appear in the cell.

Sorry I can't do better for you than that. Maybe one of the others will
know a better way. Maybe you can convince the end user that "R" means Ready
(check) and "T" means To Be Completed? <g