Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to get name of Salesmen selling highest

HI please help me

I have a file in col A I have names of salesmen and col B how mush they sold

A 100
B 25
C 150

=Max(range) gives me the highest value i.e. 150

i want the name of the salesmen selling the highest eg Mr. C

can it be done
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=INDEX(A1:A3,MATCH(MAX(B1:B3),B1:B3,0),1)

Regards,
Stefi

€˛claude jerry€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

HI please help me

I have a file in col A I have names of salesmen and col B how mush they sold

A 100
B 25
C 150

=Max(range) gives me the highest value i.e. 150

i want the name of the salesmen selling the highest eg Mr. C

can it be done

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

With your data (below) in Range A1:B3 - in D1 enter:

=OFFSET($A$1,MATCH(MAX(B1:B3),B1:B3,0)-1,0)

The "-1" adjusts for the lack of a header row, adj if needed.

: