Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Count words in spreadsheets

Hi
Can someone please tell me what formula will work to COUNT surnames in a
column. So each cell in this column has a students surname and at the
bottom in a cell I want a formula to tell me how many students are enrolled
etc etc.

The COUNT works for numbers but doesn't seem to want to add up the names.

Would appreciate the help.

Cheers
Robyn