Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Changing the entire contents of my spreadsheet to uppercase

Does anyone know an easy way, or any way to change the entire spreadsheet to
upper case lettering?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Brian

Macro is easiest for entire sheet.

Just select all cells with CTRL + a(twice in 2003) and run the macro.

Sub Upper_Case()
'David McRitchie, programming, 2003-03-07
Dim rng1 As Range, rng2 As Range, bigrange As Range
Dim cell As Range
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
On Error Resume Next
Set rng1 = Intersect(Selection, _
Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants))
Set rng2 = Intersect(Selection, _
Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas))
On Error GoTo 0
If rng1 Is Nothing Then
Set bigrange = rng2
ElseIf rng2 Is Nothing Then
Set bigrange = rng1
Else
Set bigrange = Union(rng1, rng2)
End If
If bigrange Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "All cells in range are EMPTY"
GoTo done
End If
For Each cell In bigrange
cell.Formula = UCase(cell.Formula)
Next cell
done:
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 12:13:01 -0800, Brian Denny <Brian
wrote:

Does anyone know an easy way, or any way to change the entire spreadsheet to
upper case lettering?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sub Upshift()
Dim cell As Range
For Each cell In Activsheet.UsedRange
If Not cell.HasFormula Then
cell.Value = UCase(cell.value)
End If
Next cell

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Brian Denny" <Brian wrote in message
Does anyone know an easy way, or any way to change the entire spreadsheet

upper case lettering?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And runs even better if you add an "e" to Activsheet<g

Gord

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 20:33:28 -0000, "Bob Phillips" wrote:

Sub Upshift()
Dim cell As Range
For Each cell In Activsheet.UsedRange
If Not cell.HasFormula Then
cell.Value = UCase(cell.value)
End If
Next cell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gord,

This looks great, but I have no idea how to run this macro. Under Tools I
see macros, and recording just records keystrokes, and the other selection
asks me to select a stored macro and there are none. Do I copy/paste this
somewhere and name it and then run? Please advise.

Thanks again.
Brian Denny

wrote:

Does anyone know an easy way, or any way to change the entire spreadsheet to
upper case lettering?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ok, how about this. I copied the entire column to a Word page. At the
bottom of the column clicked on the past icon, then selected change style.
From there selected Format, change case, then selected change to uppercase
and ok. Copied the new column with all uppercase and pasted it back to the
excel spreadsheet. Probably the hard way around, but got the job done.
Would still like to know how to run a written macro if you have the time to
explain sometime.

Thanks,
Brian Denny

wrote:

Does anyone know an easy way, or any way to change the entire spreadsheet to
upper case lettering?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Apologies Brian.....had the idea in my mind that you were VBA conversant.

I usually append the following to my VBA posts.

If not familiar with VBA and macros, see David McRitchie's site for more on
"getting started".

In the meantime..........

First...create a backup copy of your original workbook.

To create a General Module, hit ALT + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor.

Hit CRTL + r to open Project Explorer.

Find your workbook/project and select it.

Right-click and InsertModule. Paste the code in there. Save the
workbook and hit ALT + Q to return to your workbook.

Run the macro by going to ToolMacroMacros.

You can also assign this macro to a button or a shortcut key combo.

Gord