Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Combine two Excel Files

I have two different excel files that are sent to me by vendors. Each
is formated the same with the same columns, just different data. I
need to merge the two together so that the second file adds to the
first. I cannot seem to find a way to do this. I would have thought a
simple copy and paste would have worked, but that does not seem to be
the case.

Can anyone provide a solution?

Thanks.

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can try adding a column to the first file, then entering a formula to
link it to the second file. In the cell in your first file type =, then
click on your second file and select the data you would like in your first
file, then click enter. Repeat for each cell or just copy the formula down.
Once you save the first file, everytime you get in it it will ask you if you
want to update the information. I hope this helps.