Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Save AS in Excel 2003

I have several users who access the same spreadsheets. Recently, I've had a
problem where a user will have 2 spreadsheets open at the same time and they
will accidently some how overwrite one of the spreadsheets with the content
of the other spreadsheet that is open. Is their a way to make the "Save As"
feature unavailable for these spreadsheets?

For example they have a spreadsheet "phonelist" and a spreadsheet "Daily
Staffing", both are open at the same time. Some how the contents of
"phonelist" replaces the contents of "Daily staffing" and the orignal
contents of "Daily Staffing" are gone. I am guessing they are doing a "Save
As" but I am not sure.

Any suggestion on how to keep this from happening would be greatly appricated.

Sincerely,
Susan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

maybe these instructions do the job :
at start up :
CommandBars("File").Controls(5).Visible = False 'save as
CommandBars("File").Controls(6).Visible = False 'save html
closing down:
CommandBars("File").Controls(5).Visible = True 'save as
CommandBars("File").Controls(6).Visible = True 'save html
robert
www.allocator.nl

sbhayes schreef:

I have several users who access the same spreadsheets. Recently, I've had a
problem where a user will have 2 spreadsheets open at the same time and they
will accidently some how overwrite one of the spreadsheets with the content
of the other spreadsheet that is open. Is their a way to make the "Save As"
feature unavailable for these spreadsheets?

For example they have a spreadsheet "phonelist" and a spreadsheet "Daily
Staffing", both are open at the same time. Some how the contents of
"phonelist" replaces the contents of "Daily staffing" and the orignal
contents of "Daily Staffing" are gone. I am guessing they are doing a "Save
As" but I am not sure.

Any suggestion on how to keep this from happening would be greatly appricated.

Sincerely,
Susan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

extra detail wich might help :
block control s (save)
Application.OnKey "^{s}", ""
Application.OnKey "^{S}", ""
and hide save too
CommandBars("File").Controls(4).Visible = False 'save

sbhayes schreef:

I have several users who access the same spreadsheets. Recently, I've had a
problem where a user will have 2 spreadsheets open at the same time and they
will accidently some how overwrite one of the spreadsheets with the content
of the other spreadsheet that is open. Is their a way to make the "Save As"
feature unavailable for these spreadsheets?

For example they have a spreadsheet "phonelist" and a spreadsheet "Daily
Staffing", both are open at the same time. Some how the contents of
"phonelist" replaces the contents of "Daily staffing" and the orignal
contents of "Daily Staffing" are gone. I am guessing they are doing a "Save
As" but I am not sure.

Any suggestion on how to keep this from happening would be greatly appricated.

Sincerely,
Susan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am not exactly sure if I did it right. I no longer have 'Save As' or 'Save
html' on my personal excel 2003, but other users still have the option to
perform a 'Save As' when they access this workbook. Is their a way to make it
workbook specific?

sbhayes schreef:

I have several users who access the same spreadsheets. Recently, I've had a
problem where a user will have 2 spreadsheets open at the same time and they
will accidently some how overwrite one of the spreadsheets with the content
of the other spreadsheet that is open. Is their a way to make the "Save As"
feature unavailable for these spreadsheets?

For example they have a spreadsheet "phonelist" and a spreadsheet "Daily
Staffing", both are open at the same time. Some how the contents of
"phonelist" replaces the contents of "Daily staffing" and the orignal
contents of "Daily Staffing" are gone. I am guessing they are doing a "Save
As" but I am not sure.

Any suggestion on how to keep this from happening would be greatly appricated.

Sincerely,
Susan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In my conception :
Please built the 'Commandbars' options in your program
Who ever opens this file : save as and save as html will not appear.
At closing down the program : restore ' visible=true'
hth
robert