Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table with Blank Cells

I am using pivot table wizard to create table and chart. I have some cells
that have no data in them and the pivot table is grouping them in a column
labeled blank and charting them on my column chart and putting them in my
chart legend. How can I prevent the blank from showing or being plotted?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Worksheet Data
Job # Defect
1 Broken
2 Dropped
3 Torn
4
5 Torn
6 Torn
7

Wizard for Pivot Table Creates the following Worksheet
Defect
Job # Broken Dropped Torn (blank) Grand Total
1 1
1
2 1
1
3 1
1
4
5 1
1
6 1
7
(blank)
(blank) Total
Grand Total 1 1 3 5
--
RCAT1
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The field "Defect" should have a drop down associated with it. From that drop
down uncheck Blank and you should be good to go...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Rick" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When I uncheck (blank) I lose Job #'s 4 and 7 because they have blank data.
I want to plot on my column chart jobs that have no defects also. The wizard
is plotting a (blank) column on my X-axis in addition to all my Job #'s in my
column chart. I am just trying to not have this (blank) column in my chart
or hopefully not created in the table.
--
RCAT1

"Rick" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Go the the field settings for Job# and check off Display Items with No Data.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson