Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel having problems with dates earlier than 1900

Hi,

I did a search on the forums here and was unable find any answers....

I did an export of data from another program into an excel format. Some of
the dates are in the 1800's and show up as "#########" and when I look at the
value of one of the cell shows "-3686" . Other cells show different negative
numbers. The cell properties is set to date in the format (mm,dd,yyyy).

If I manually enter a date prior to 01/01/1900 it does show up but as text.
I do not need to use these dates in any kind of forumla but I do need to
print out a list and the dates need to show up in the proper format.

Any ideas on how I can easily fix this?

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Imajica12345" wrote:

Hi,

I did a search on the forums here and was unable find any answers....

I did an export of data from another program into an excel format. Some of
the dates are in the 1800's and show up as "#########" and when I look at the
value of one of the cell shows "-3686" . Other cells show different negative
numbers. The cell properties is set to date in the format (mm,dd,yyyy).

If I manually enter a date prior to 01/01/1900 it does show up but as text.
I do not need to use these dates in any kind of forumla but I do need to
print out a list and the dates need to show up in the proper format.

Any ideas on how I can easily fix this?

Thanks,

i found the plugin from the j-walk.com web site... but I am unable to figure
out how to convert the data that is already in the cell with the negative
number into the proper date format.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Imajica12345. Take a look at this site. It may help:
http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/xdate.htm. HTH
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin