Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default No VB Way To....

Hi All,

Looked EVERYWHERE for this but no luck.

Any idea how to create a data--list dropdown with just simple titles as
hyperlinks so the list would appear like a simple html dropdown with
short titles replacing long hyperlinks? (ie. the same way you create a
list with a column of items on a seperate and refer to that group with
the data validation tool)

Boy if that doesn't sound confusing.

Thanks in advance,

rt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Probably several ways but you can make a lookup table and then use a
worksheet change event keyed by a validation list in cell f7.
Right click sheet tabview codecopy/paste thismodify to suit

If Target.Address < "$F$7" Then Exit Sub
myvar = Application.VLookup(Target.Value, Range("g7:h10"), 2, 0)
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:="http://" & myvar
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"ric.todd" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi All,

Looked EVERYWHERE for this but no luck.

Any idea how to create a data--list dropdown with just simple titles as
hyperlinks so the list would appear like a simple html dropdown with
short titles replacing long hyperlinks? (ie. the same way you create a
list with a column of items on a seperate and refer to that group with
the data validation tool)

Boy if that doesn't sound confusing.

Thanks in advance,

rt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Forgive the stupid question(s) I am a total newbie.

1)So I make my list of hyperlinks as I normally would in the drop-down
sheet?
2)Do I the change the Title there (via right click edit Hyperlink?)
3)Then I am lost...of course I was lost the whole time;)

thx!

rt

On Nov 16, 11:53 am, "Don Guillett" wrote:
Probably several ways but you can make a lookup table and then use a
worksheet change event keyed by a validation list in cell f7.
Right click sheet tabview codecopy/paste thismodify to suit

If Target.Address < "$F$7" Then Exit Sub
myvar = Application.VLookup(Target.Value, Range("g7:h10"), 2, 0)
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:="http://" & myvar
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
" wrote in oglegroups.com...

Hi All,

Looked EVERYWHERE for this but no luck.

Any idea how to create a data--list dropdown with just simple titles as
hyperlinks so the list would appear like a simple html dropdown with
short titles replacing long hyperlinks? (ie. the same way you create a
list with a column of items on a seperate and refer to that group with
the data validation tool)

Boy if that doesn't sound confusing.

Thanks in advance,

rt- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

list a,b,c in data validation cell

vlookup("a",range( ),2,0)
a hyperlink1