Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Import Reports in .txt format

I am looking for a way to import text files into excel. My problem is
that my company uses IBM AS400/ISeries to run certain reports each
month, and these reports come out as .txt files. These .txt files have
headers and any number of other random lines throughout the report
(mainly when there is a page break, new line item, etc). I am curious
if there is a good way to import these files while removing the
headers, line breaks, etc. I thought of trying to write a macro to get
rid of the headers, but for the number of reports we have that would be
almost impossible. I have been reading about an importing tool from
Beside Software (www.beside.com) as a possiblity, but have not tried it
yet. If anyone that reads this has any experience with the Beside
product, I would welcome any feedback. Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Nov 15, 7:59 pm, wrote:
I am looking for a way to import text files into excel. My problem is
that my company uses IBM AS400/ISeries to run certain reports each
month, and these reports come out as .txt files. These .txt files have
headers and any number of other random lines throughout the report
(mainly when there is a page break, new line item, etc). I am curious
if there is a good way to import these files while removing the
headers, line breaks, etc. I thought of trying to write a macro to get
rid of the headers, but for the number of reports we have that would be
almost impossible. I have been reading about an importing tool from
Beside Software (www.beside.com) as a possiblity, but have not tried it
yet. If anyone that reads this has any experience with the Beside
product, I would welcome any feedback. Thanks in advance.

REPLY MESSAGE FROM KPS RAJPUT
Yes, I am trying Import Wizard of Beside product. It is very good
software that any type of text file, you can upload in Excel format. I
have already trying this software.

Please write me how to help you for import wizard.

KPS RAJPUT
email: