Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Display DATE in alt column

There are 4 columns with dates; 1. Date In 2. Date Actioned 3. Date destroyed
4. Date claimed.

If date Actioned is left blank I want date Destroyed or date Claimed data to
be automatically displayed in the Actioned column.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not sure how to help. How do you determine if date destroyed or date claimed
should be put in actioned?

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Michell Major" wrote:

There are 4 columns with dates; 1. Date In 2. Date Actioned 3. Date destroyed
4. Date claimed.

If date Actioned is left blank I want date Destroyed or date Claimed data to
be automatically displayed in the Actioned column.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Michell

You cannot have a formula in a cell as well as an entered value.
You could have a formula there to display one the 2 other dates, and
that formula would then be over-ridden and destroyed when you type in an
action date.
Do you want the earlier or the later of Destroyed or Claimed?

If earlier, then
=IF(COUNT(C2:D2)<2,MAX(C2:D2),MIN(C2:D2))
If later, then
=MAX(C2:D2)

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Michell Major" wrote in
message ...
There are 4 columns with dates; 1. Date In 2. Date Actioned 3. Date
destroyed
4. Date claimed.

If date Actioned is left blank I want date Destroyed or date Claimed
data to
be automatically displayed in the Actioned column.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Roger. As ever thanks.

I have two options. First to use a hidden column for the formula. Second,
if the date is 'overwrites' the formula I think it'll be OK because it
assumes that ation has been taken. I'll tryyour formulae.

Regards