-   -   find, select and print (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/118570-find-select-print.html)

john mcmichael

find, select and print

I have a search for a word on a spreadsheet in Excel 2003. The results are
perfect. Now I would like to select all data in each row that contains the
word. Once the rows of data are selected I would like to print just that
data. The good news is that I can find with no trouble, but how can I select
the entire row not just the cells that hold the results of my search. Then,
how do I print the rows of data so the results end up on 1 page instead of
just 1 row per printed page?

Thanks for the help and have a great day.

bigwheel

find, select and print

Have you considered filtering your data? (DataFilterAutofilter) Once
filtered, you can select all rows with a particular word then print
everything as you described. This assumes that the word you seek is in a
cell of it's own (your question doesn't actually say)