Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do you mouse wheel scroll horizontally in Excel 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Enrique,

Press the wheel and drag horizontally.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello, Earl!
You wrote on Mon, 15 Jan 2007 13:43:23 -0500:

EK Enrique,

EK Press the wheel and drag horizontally.
EK --
EK Earl Kiosterud
EK www.smokeylake.com
EK -----------------------------------------------------------
EK "Enrique" wrote in
EK message
??

Doesn't work for me but my mouse wheel will scroll horizontally
by pressing to the left or right, at least in Excel 2002.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

James,

Mine doesn't do that, though I don't have to hold the wheel as I thought I
did. After pressing (or holding) the wheel, it puts a sort of
North/East/South/West icon on the screen, then lets me pan either
horizontally or vertically, but only one direction at a time. Thus I can't
go diagonally. The speedups are a bit capricious, though not as bad as in
other programs. The promise of direct mouse scrolling was enticing but
generally it doesn't work very well.

"I'll take 'Things that don't work' for $200, Alex." :)
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
"James Silverton" wrote in message
Hello, Earl!
You wrote on Mon, 15 Jan 2007 13:43:23 -0500:

EK Enrique,

EK Press the wheel and drag horizontally.
EK --
EK Earl Kiosterud
EK www.smokeylake.com
EK -----------------------------------------------------------
EK "Enrique" wrote in
EK message ...
??

Doesn't work for me but my mouse wheel will scroll horizontally by
pressing to the left or right, at least in Excel 2002.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have the same problem. I have a tilt wheel that scrolls left and right by
pressing the wheel left or right. It works in everything but office 2007. I
can't find a way to get it back. I suspect we'll just have to wait for a
future patch to restore functionality that already existed in the past.