Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need excel formula help

Hi, I am trying to find out how do you apply a formula from a single
cell to multiple cells. I am trying format painter, where I click a
cell, then the format painter icon, then another cell; but it won't
paste the cell for some reason.

Like for instance, a cell in B2 needs to be posted in cells C2 to H2.
How do I do that? Or like I want a formula in F13 that will take all
the data from row 2 and multiple it to row 19, and post a sum to row
13.
Or when i need to put a new data in order to keep track of items I
sell, whats the best way?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

At the bottom right corner of B2 you will see a small black square.

This is known as the "fill handle".

Click on this and drag your formula from B2 across C2:H2

The formula will increment as it is copied across.

See help on "fill handle" then select "fill data in worksheet cells"

Also see help for relative and absolute cell references.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP