Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Not printing shaded cells...

I have sheets that are viewed on our intranet. These sheets have rows that
are shaded different colors to make viewing easier. When these documents are
printed, is there a way to print without the shading? Huge waste of color ink
for non-controlled documents.

Thanks for any help :)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Print to a black and white printer?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Randy L" wrote:

I have sheets that are viewed on our intranet. These sheets have rows that
are shaded different colors to make viewing easier. When these documents are
printed, is there a way to print without the shading? Huge waste of color ink
for non-controlled documents.

Thanks for any help :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Dave,

Actually, I was a moron for asking the question. I found the "Print in
black and white" checkbox earlier but thought that it would print the colors
in black, thereby obliterating the text contained inside the cells. So I
passed it on by. I thought it would take the color and assign it a black or
white value, similarto paint programs. After posting, of course, I decided to
go ahead and print it that way to see the results. It produced what I was
after. :)

The problem with printing to a black and white printer is that I will not be
in control of the printing of the documents. The documents are accessed from
the intranet so the user can be anywhere in the building and most have color
printers. Thank you for the suggestion though :)

As it is, simply selecting Page Setup, on the Sheet tab, under the Print
heading and selecting "Black and White" does exactly what I was after.

Thanks again!

"Randy L" wrote:

I have sheets that are viewed on our intranet. These sheets have rows that
are shaded different colors to make viewing easier. When these documents are
printed, is there a way to print without the shading? Huge waste of color ink
for non-controlled documents.

Thanks for any help :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Of course my excitement was shortlived....the user can deselect the box, even
with the sheet protected.

Going to post again with a different topic.

"Randy L" wrote:

I have sheets that are viewed on our intranet. These sheets have rows that
are shaded different colors to make viewing easier. When these documents are
printed, is there a way to print without the shading? Huge waste of color ink
for non-controlled documents.

Thanks for any help :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The answer to your question is dependent on the printer, not Excel. I don't
really think anyone here will be able to help you; every printer is different
and has different options. Excel merely displays the options it is told to
display for that specific printer.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.