Junior Member

Default Solver Frustration

Hello!

I am using solver the first time so I am a bit frustrated by this application. I am using it to find the best combination of variables A and B – both of which control the formulas in separate columns. I have put constraint on A to be between 4 and 10 and B between 30 and 60 – so there are a lot of possible combinations of these parameters (e.g. 4;40, 7;45 and so forth). However, when I press the Solve button the Solver just flicks for two or 5 combinations – from what I can see in he progress window in the lower left hand corner and hen gives off its result. Most of the times the result was not the best combination. Is there a problem with the tool or I should use another one to rotate through the various pairs of variables between the constraints that I use?

Any kind of feedback is appreciated,

Dima
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you :