Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel With Interactivity

Hi Guys,

I was able to save my excel workbook with interactivity on place it on the
web so users have the ability to change the numbers and access the formulas
however I inserted three graphs along with it and they do not show up.

If I save it as a regular web page without interactivity the graphs show up
and it is fine but I would to be able to keep the interactivity as well,
while posting on my webpage. Is this possible?

Thanks,
John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No luck. When you save to a web format the file you create is not really an
Excel file and it is not Excel that is running it. In the case of "with
interactivity" it is the "spreadsheet web component" that is displaying the
spreadsheet. This looks like Excel but has a much more limited range of
features. Charting is not among its features. However there is a charting
web component I believe (never used it). You might research that but I
don't know if it supports interactivity.

--
Jim
"blindmanwalks" wrote in message
| Hi Guys,
|
| I was able to save my excel workbook with interactivity on place it on the
| web so users have the ability to change the numbers and access the
formulas
| however I inserted three graphs along with it and they do not show up.
|
| If I save it as a regular web page without interactivity the graphs show
up
| and it is fine but I would to be able to keep the interactivity as well,
| while posting on my webpage. Is this possible?
|
| Thanks,
| John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jim,

Thanks for the information... I was aware of what the file became once saved
in html format, however I was hoping that with the interavtivity, despite the
limited uses, I would be able to access those charts for a visual aide. :-)
Well, I will look up that web charting you suggested. I have never heard of
it before so perhaps this might do.

Thanks Again,
John