Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SJT SJT is offline

Default Paste Special

I have selected the range of AD7:AD12 and would like to copy it and then
paste it over a range where I would like it to paste only in every sixth
column. So for example I would select the pasting range to be AE7:AP12 and
would only want the contents to paste in columns AJ and AP. Is there a paste
special function or some other function that would allow me to accomplish
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

SJT,

No. I think to do what you want automatically will require a macro. But you
can manually select AJ7:AJ12 and AP7:AP12 (drag the first range, then
holding Ctrl drag the second), then do a paste.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
"SJT" wrote in message
I have selected the range of AD7:AD12 and would like to copy it and then
paste it over a range where I would like it to paste only in every sixth
column. So for example I would select the pasting range to be AE7:AP12
and
would only want the contents to paste in columns AJ and AP. Is there a
paste
special function or some other function that would allow me to accomplish
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SJT SJT is offline

Thank you Earl for your response. A little confused was wondering if you
could clarify. Do I first select the range I wish to copy, AD7:AD12, and do
a ctrl + c and then manually select the two ranges you named below? When you
say "drag the first range" are you referring to AJ7:AJ12 and if so where am I
dragging that to? If not which are you referring to and where should I drag
it? Thanks again.

"SJT" wrote in message
I have selected the range of AD7:AD12 and would like to copy it and then
paste it over a range where I would like it to paste only in every sixth
column. So for example I would select the pasting range to be AE7:AP12
and
would only want the contents to paste in columns AJ and AP. Is there a
paste
special function or some other function that would allow me to accomplish
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

SJT,

First select and copy AD7:AD12. Now select AE7:AE12 (drag through them).
Now add AP7:AP12 to the selection by holding Ctrl as you drag through them.
Don't let go of Ctrl until you've finished the drag and have released the
mouse button. Now do an ordinary paste.

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com