Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Tax Rates

I have an order form that contains two columns of tax rate information in a
hidden portion of the worksheet. Column "A" list 52 counties by name.
Column "B" list each counties tax rate. In the printed form there is a
control form drop down list that allows selection of each county. When a
county is selected in this drop down I need the sales tax rate for that
county to display in a different cell to calculate the tax rate. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What sort of dropdown? If it is a forms toolbar dropdown, link it to a cell,
right-click the dropdown, select FormatControlcontrol and set the Cell
link. Then lookup using that cell

=VLOOKUP(cell_link,A:B,2,FALSE)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Greyson" wrote in message
I have an order form that contains two columns of tax rate information in

hidden portion of the worksheet. Column "A" list 52 counties by name.
Column "B" list each counties tax rate. In the printed form there is a
control form drop down list that allows selection of each county. When a
county is selected in this drop down I need the sales tax rate for that
county to display in a different cell to calculate the tax rate. Any

ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In the cell to receive the Tax Rate enter this formula.

=VLOOKUP(cellref,$A$1:$B$52,2,FALSE)

Cellref is the cell with the drop-down selection.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP