Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to import two data series?

Hi, I have two data series, say X and Y, And I want to list the data X
in the first column of my sheet, and list the data Y in the second
column of my sheet, how can I do that? If I open the text file which
contains the data Y only, it will automatically be listed in the first
column of my sheet.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In . com, asdf
spake thusly:

Hi, I have two data series, say X and Y, And I want to list the
data X in the first column of my sheet, and list the data Y in
the second column of my sheet, how can I do that? If I open the
text file which contains the data Y only, it will automatically
be listed in the first column of my sheet.

Select Column A; then go to the Menu Bar. Select Data -
Text to Columsn, and follow the prompts from the Text-to-
Columns Wizard. E.g., delimited fields, using tab and/or
space as the delimiter . . .

-dman-