-   -   data validation - indirect function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/117943-data-validation-indirect-function.html)

Louise

data validation - indirect function

Hi all

I have used the data|validation|use list|indirect function so I can choose
various options from a chosen list, however, the drop down arrow only appears
when the cell is selected.

Is there any way you can set Excel so the drop-down arrows are permanently
visible, even when the cell isn't selected?

Thank you
Louise

RagDyeR

data validation - indirect function

AFAIK, you can't do that, but how about coloring the cell(s) to make them
stand out.
--

HTH,

RD