JPeterH

Default how do I edit gridlines in one row

I want to create chart heading. When doing this, I need to erese the column
sperators in the first two rows, only. I tried it, in "format cells," but to
no avail. Is there some way to do this or do I need to create my accounting
chart, then edit it in Powerpoint?
JulieD

Hi

unless you've selected otherwise gridlines don't print (file / page setup /
sheet tab) ... however you CAN merge the cells - select them and choose
format / cells / alignment tab - merge cells but a better option (merged
cells can cause you problems if you ever want to sort or filter) would be to
select the cells where you want your heading (say A1:D1) and then choose
format / cells / alignment and in horizontal - "choose center across
selection" - now type your heading in A1 and it will appear centered across
the cells without them being merged.

- if you want borders to print but not gridlines - turn the printing of
gridlines off (file / page setup / sheet tab) - then select the cells you
want to put borders around and then use format / cells / borders to do this.

Hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD