Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default please help me with excel formula

Ok I leaned excel back in the day when I was taking cs/is 101

Now I have forgotten it completely. Can you please help?

I want the amount in column B to be divided by 100 and multiplied by
5(basically I want 5 percent.) post the data to column L

I also want to Add column c,d,e,f show results in G then subtract the
total (G) from column B

Then I want column N to be divided by 2 and to be displayed into M

I know that this isn't the usual questions asked but well this is
what I need right at the moment I am running xp home and I have office
2002

I don't want to go through the tutorial because I know if I try it
out and play with it for 3 days I will remember everything again.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In . com, whatever
spake thusly:

I want the amount in column B to be divided by 100 and multiplied
by 5(basically I want 5 percent.) post the data to column L

Do you mean the amount in each row in Column B? or the Total?
For the former, over in L on that row put, e.g., in L2:

=B2*.05

If you mean the latter, put where you want the calculated total:

=SUM(B2:B100)*.05

change "2" and "100" to suit your range or use just "B:B" if there
are no items but your data in the entire column (e.g., no totals
now).

I also want to Add column c,d,e,f show results in G then subtract
the total (G) from column B

Same question as my first one: per row, or for each column all together?

Assuming per row, in, e.g., Row 2 in Column G:

=SUM(C2:F2)

I don't follow you on where to put "B2-G2", because if you
put it over in B2 you will have a circular reference.

Then I want column N to be divided by 2 and to be displayed into

Despite your protestations about reading the Help pages, don't
you think a quick brush-up would be easier at this point? People
are going to misinterpret your wishes or give wrong answers and you
still won't know; and there will have been a lot of wasted effort
all around. So I'm going to stop here. For division, use "/".

what I need right at the moment I am running xp home and I have
office 2002

I don't want to go through the tutorial because I know if I try
it out and play with it for 3 days I will remember everything
again.

-dman-
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

tks that is all I needed
but it's a little too late because I created everything is access and
it was much easier.
I will fiddle around with this thought you are right this was a
potential waist of time