Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default data missing

I work in excel creating data tables with data added. I do allot of saves
because I don't want to reinvent my data tables. Would or has anyone
experienced lost data using excel. I would save my work, close out and
re-open my work the next morning. I have worked with excel for some time and
haven't lost any data until recently. I need help to correct this problem.
The computer staff think I am nuts, but I think it is the computer or
software. Help or suggestions would be greatful in finding a solution to
this problem.
--
mollybigd
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Molly,
I'm afraid that sounds odd. I've not experienced a sudden loss of data in
any Excel workbook for as long as I've used the application, some 10+ years.
Have you tried searching all your drives to ensure that you did not
accidentally save the file to a different location? You may need to pay
careful attention to what applications are running simultaneously to your
working in Excel if you continue to have problems.
--
Melisa Morris

www.awomantoldme.com

"molly" wrote:

I work in excel creating data tables with data added. I do allot of saves
because I don't want to reinvent my data tables. Would or has anyone
experienced lost data using excel. I would save my work, close out and
re-open my work the next morning. I have worked with excel for some time and
haven't lost any data until recently. I need help to correct this problem.
The computer staff think I am nuts, but I think it is the computer or
software. Help or suggestions would be greatful in finding a solution to
this problem.
--
mollybigd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Melisa:

I don't think I am saving to any other file but that of my excel file. The
reasoning to this is because the tables are there, but there is no data in
the tables. The tables are blank. I could see my tables along with my data
being saved to another location, but not the data without the tables. It
doesn't make sense. You see what I am trying to say?

--
mollybigd

"molly" wrote:

I work in excel creating data tables with data added. I do allot of saves
because I don't want to reinvent my data tables. Would or has anyone
experienced lost data using excel. I would save my work, close out and
re-open my work the next morning. I have worked with excel for some time and
haven't lost any data until recently. I need help to correct this problem.
The computer staff think I am nuts, but I think it is the computer or
software. Help or suggestions would be greatful in finding a solution to
this problem.
--
mollybigd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Molly

Truly blank?

When you select a cell does anything show in the formula bar?

If so, do you have the font color set to white?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 09:56:02 -0800, molly
wrote:

Melisa:

I don't think I am saving to any other file but that of my excel file. The
reasoning to this is because the tables are there, but there is no data in
the tables. The tables are blank. I could see my tables along with my data
being saved to another location, but not the data without the tables. It
doesn't make sense. You see what I am trying to say?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gord:

Nothing---truly blank. Would you think uninstalling excel and reinstalling
excel would correct the problem? I mean this is so weird. All my other
worksheets with data in them work, data is always there, but this worksheet
is funky. Suggestions???? Thanks
--
mollybigd

wrote:

Melisa:

I don't think I am saving to any other file but that of my excel file. The
reasoning to this is because the tables are there, but there is no data in
the tables. The tables are blank. I could see my tables along with my data
being saved to another location, but not the data without the tables. It
doesn't make sense. You see what I am trying to say?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is it possible you are opening a blank Template(*.XLT), entering data and saving
then re-opening the blank Template rather than the saved workbook?

I doubt if re-installing would help but I have no other ideas right now.

Gord

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 08:22:01 -0800, molly
wrote:

Gord:

Nothing---truly blank. Would you think uninstalling excel and reinstalling
excel would correct the problem? I mean this is so weird. All my other
worksheets with data in them work, data is always there, but this worksheet
is funky. Suggestions???? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Has anyone ever resolved this issue?