Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default autofit row text (wrapped) without changing column width?

Working in spreadsheets with established columns. However, as data is added
and subtracted, text repeatedly becomes hidden when rows shift. Can I cause
the cells to "auto fit" text to the row without changing column width?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

format cells alignment shrink to fit
--
Allllen

"kimdnw" wrote:

Working in spreadsheets with established columns. However, as data is added
and subtracted, text repeatedly becomes hidden when rows shift. Can I cause
the cells to "auto fit" text to the row without changing column width?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Allllen, this only works if I don't need to READ what is in the cell. Really
need a solution that will expand the row width without altering the column
width or text size.

Kim

"kimdnw" wrote:

Working in spreadsheets with established columns. However, as data is added
and subtracted, text repeatedly becomes hidden when rows shift. Can I cause
the cells to "auto fit" text to the row without changing column width?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select your rows.

FormatRowAutofit.

Also make sure the rows are set for Wrap Text.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 08:46:02 -0800, kimdnw
wrote:

Working in spreadsheets with established columns. However, as data is added
and subtracted, text repeatedly becomes hidden when rows shift. Can I cause
the cells to "auto fit" text to the row without changing column width?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select rows and FormatRowAutofit doesn't work?

Also make sure the cells are formatted to wrap text.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP