Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Filter a list of names!

Hi there!
I'v got a spreadsheet which lists names of clients (surname, first name),
dates they last visited so on. I would like to be able to fill, in a cell,
the surname and first name of a client and a list is produced of all the
visits that person made. But if if it`s the first visit, it would indicate
this with a message.
--
George
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

go in the help and type in "advanced filter"

read the section on filtering by using advanced criteria, and try to test
some of the examples

using this, you can set your sheet up with another area where you can filter
by surname and first name for all the entries for a particular client. then
you could sort by date.
--
Allllen