Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jac Jac is offline

Default Concatenate Data inn different columns

Hi,

I would like to concatenate the data in 2 different columns as shown below
into 1:-

CURRENCY_CODE TOTAL_OUTSTANDING_VALUE
MYR 6,864.00
MYR 6,864.00
MYR 82.60
MYR 76.00
MYR 276.60
MYR 106.40
USD 758.31
USD 1,411.00
USD 1,388.73
USD 2,797.11
JPY 1,504.83
JPY 690.40
JPY 139,941.00

Actually, I have found the ways to concatenate those data by using the
function Concatenate and using the &. But after those data have been
concatenated, the number in 2nd column became text.
So, is there any other way that we still can remain the value of number
after caoncatenated the data? Any advise...

Thanking in advanced.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you're looking to display the currencies I would create a currency number
format. Right-click in the cells whose values you want to format as a
currency, and select format cells. Then select the Number tab--Currency.
Select the appropriate currency. Your yen currency will show the yen symbol,
your USD currency will show the $ symbol, etc.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Jac" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jac Jac is offline

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not so clear about your way; do u mean that I have to select the data
cell by cel to do the formatting? What about if the list grow longre and
longer...........?

Would there be any other function to handle this problem?
Or the currency formatting is the only way out?

Regards,

"Jac" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There is a method of doing what you want, without having to individually
format each cell. Example:

=CONCATENATE(B1," ",A1)

That will display precisely the contents of the cells without changing the
formats of either column's information.

"Jac" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jac Jac is offline

Hi,

I have tried out the method you suggested as below. But I still can't add up
the numbers after the concatenation. The Sum function will return 0.

Regards,