Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change highlight cell color

anyone know how to change the way that the current cell is highlighted?

Currently a white border is displayed around the cell. However, I am trying
to find an alternative way of highlighting the cell for a partially sighted
colleague. A different color for the current cell would be good, or a big
thick border in a contrasting color would do.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

'McCurdy.Here is something inspired by Don Guillett.
Dim MyRng As Range
Set MyRng = Target '.EntireRow
Application.EnableEvents = False
On Error GoTo end1
Application.Cells.FormatConditions.Delete
With MyRng
.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _
"=ROW()=ROW(INDIRECT(CELL(""address"")))"
With .FormatConditions(1).Font
.Bold = True
.Italic = False
.ColorIndex = 1
End With
.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 36
End With
end1:
Application.EnableEvents = True

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Reteb" wrote in message
anyone know how to change the way that the current cell is highlighted?

Currently a white border is displayed around the cell. However, I am
trying
to find an alternative way of highlighting the cell for a partially
sighted
colleague. A different color for the current cell would be good, or a big
thick border in a contrasting color would do.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Don

This is really useful. Tried it and liked it. But.....
is there any way to make the highlighted text even larger?

The standard font size on the spreadsheet is 11pt. So I tried adding ".Size
= 16" to your macro, but nothing seems to happen

"Don Guillett" wrote:

To use, right click sheet tabview codecopy/paste thisSAVEtry it

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Reteb" wrote in message
anyone know how to change the way that the current cell is highlighted?

Currently a white border is displayed around the cell. However, I am
trying
to find an alternative way of highlighting the cell for a partially
sighted
colleague. A different color for the current cell would be good, or a big
thick border in a contrasting color would do.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try this mod

'McCurdy.Here is something inspired by Don Guillett.
Dim MyRng As Range
Set MyRng = Target '.EntireRow
Application.EnableEvents = False
On Error GoTo end1
Application.Cells.FormatConditions.Delete
Application.Cells.Font.Size = 10
With MyRng
.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _
"=ROW()=ROW(INDIRECT(CELL(""address"")))"
With .FormatConditions(1).Font
.Bold = True
.Italic = False
.ColorIndex = 1
End With
.Font.Size = 20

"Reteb" wrote in message
anyone know how to change the way that the current cell is
highlighted?

Currently a white border is displayed around the cell. However, I am
trying
to find an alternative way of highlighting the cell for a partially
sighted
colleague. A different color for the current cell would be good, or a
big
thick border in a contrasting color would do.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Don

Your a star.
Thanks for the help. Just what we wanted.

Regards
Reteb

try this mod

"Reteb" wrote in message
anyone know how to change the way that the current cell is
highlighted?

Currently a white border is displayed around the cell. However, I am
trying
to find an alternative way of highlighting the cell for a partially
sighted
colleague. A different color for the current cell would be good, or a
big
thick border in a contrasting color would do.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

glad it helped.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Reteb" wrote in message
Don

Your a star.
Thanks for the help. Just what we wanted.

Regards
Reteb

try this mod