Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data Manipulation - Excel 2000

Im currently preparing a document in Word 2000 for a mail merge and have
today been given the data prepared by another office and have come across the
following.

1) On the spreadsheet there are columns headed €śAddress1€ť, €śAddress2€ť,
€śAddress3€ť, etc. However, under Address1, the cell contains the first line
of the address and then a comma and then the second line of the address, as
follows:

1 Park Avenue, Raven Park

I would like it to read:

1 Park Avenue
Raven Park

ALSO

2) There is a Main Contact cell. The current information is set out as: Mr A
Bloggs (Managing Director). I would like the name in one cell and the title
of that person in another cell and without the brackets, so it reads:

Mr A Bloogs
Managing Director

As there are over 1,400 names and addresses is there a quick way to overcome
these problems or do I have to go through every individual cell and correct
manually?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sandra

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

"sandralong2 via OfficeKB.com" <u5657@uwe wrote in message
I’m currently preparing a document in Word 2000 for a mail merge and have
today been given the data prepared by another office and have come across
the
following.

1) On the spreadsheet there are columns headed “Address1”, “Address2”,
“Address3”, etc. However, under Address1, the cell contains the first
line
of the address and then a comma and then the second line of the address,
as
follows:

1 Park Avenue, Raven Park

I would like it to read:

1 Park Avenue
Raven Park

As you posted into Excel NG, I hope the table you have is an Excel one.
Add a new column next to Address1
Select all entries in Address1, and then from menu Data TextToColumns. Set
comma as delimiter and proceed - the address will be splitted as you wanted.
(And don't forget to add column heading for new column)

ALSO

2) There is a Main Contact cell. The current information is set out as:
Mr A
Bloggs (Managing Director). I would like the name in one cell and the
title
of that person in another cell and without the brackets, so it reads:

Mr A Bloogs
Managing Director

Like previous, but determine "(" as delimiter. And after column is splitted,
select all data in new column, and replace all ")" with "" (Edit Replace ,
determine strings and ReplaceAll)

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, the table is Excel. Thank you so much for your answer.

Sandra

Arvi Laanemets wrote:
Hi

Im currently preparing a document in Word 2000 for a mail merge and have
today been given the data prepared by another office and have come across

[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]
1 Park Avenue
Raven Park

As you posted into Excel NG, I hope the table you have is an Excel one.
Add a new column next to Address1
Select all entries in Address1, and then from menu Data TextToColumns. Set
comma as delimiter and proceed - the address will be splitted as you wanted.
(And don't forget to add column heading for new column)

ALSO

[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]