Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sheet Protection, Allow Sorting

This seems like a really old question, but I just can't figure it out...12
hours later.

Spell it out for me please...

I have a spreadsheet with a pretty header, column headers, and want to
protect my document from data being changed only, but allow for sorting data
(all columns) within range B6:M284.

Give it to me as if I were in kindergarten...I'm not getting it!

Thanks in advance for any help. You will be my hero if it works!

Lucy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Lucy

I don't think you're missing anything.

The range to be sorted must be unlocked before protecting the sheet.

i.e. B6:M284 must be unlocked.

Excel help is little fuzzy on this point.

Best method is to use a macro which unprotects, sorts and re-protects.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP