Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Comparing two lists

I want to compare the values in one list with the values in another list to
verify that thiere is a match for every one. The purpose is to make sure
that for every purchase order entered in quickbooks, there is an invoice the
has been created. The name in the memo field on the purchase order should
match the name on the invoice and if the purchase order does not have a match
have a cell that flags that purchase order. Can anyone help me with this
task. Sometimes one invoice may have several purchased orders that match and
in that case is there a way to list the number of accurances?
--
Kyle
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I want to compare the values in one list with the values in another
list to verify that there is a match for every one. The purpose is
to make sure that for every purchase order entered in QuickBooks,
there is an invoice the has been created. The name in the memo field
on the purchase order should match the name on the invoice and if the
purchase order does not have a match have a cell that flags that
purchase order. Can anyone help me with this task. Sometimes one
invoice may have several purchased orders that match and in that case
is there a way to list the number of occurrences?

Here's one way.

Suppose P.O. memo field is in column A, starting with A2.

Suppose invoice memo field is in column D, starting with D2.

In B2, put the following formula and copy down for as many rows as you
need.
=IF($A2="","",IF(COUNTIF(D:D,$A2)=0,"Flag",""))

In E2, put the following formula and copy down for as many rows as you
need.
=IF($D2="","",COUNTIF(A:A,$D2))