Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can anyone help??????

Thanks to all that have gotten me this far, but still need a little more help.

I can get the "X" to appear in this formula:
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(K2,B2:B8,1,FALSE)),"","X")

But cannot get it to appear in this formula:
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(K2,B2:B8,1,FALSE)),"X","")

I need the second formula to work in this scenario
As the EMP's are placed in columns A,B,C,D I need
the x's to appear in columns k,l,m,n,o,p

A B C D
MON TUE WED THU
1) #1 #2
2) #1
3) #3 #2
4) #4

J K L M N O P
EMP M T W R F S
#1 X X
#2 X X
#3 X
#4 X

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What are you trying to do? Your second formula says "If the VLOOKUP returns
an error, then "X", else "". If your VLOOKUP returns no errors then "" will
be returned. But from your question it sounds like you're looking for
VLOOKUP to intentionally return an error?

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

#1 X X
#2 X X
#3 X
#4 X

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(K2,B$2:B$8,0)),"X","")

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

#1 X X
#2 X X
#3 X
#4 X

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try this equation
=IF(COUNTIF(C4:C7,$B9)0,"X","") - Column B defined below
Where C2:C7 is your monday column
=IF(COUNTIF(D4:D7,$B9)0,"X","")
Where D2:D7 is your tuesday column

Once you have the equation set for monday (and #1) you can copy the equation
to the rest of the cells

In column B

B9 = #1
B10 = #2

#1 X X
#2 X X
#3 X
#4 X

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

someone gave me those formulas, so I'm not exactly sure how it reads. I am
looking for any formula to give me the desired results.

#1 X X
#2 X X
#3 X
#4 X