Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cursor positioning

I am entering data into 3 different columns, c1, d1 and f1. When I am
finished typing in f1, is there a way to get to c2 by pressing enter so I
don't have to select c2 with the mouse everytime I am finished in the f
column?

Thanks
Bobby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Start by unlocking a range of cells in each column (right click, Format
Cells, Protection, uncheck the Locked checkbox. Then protect the worksheet
(Tools, Protection, Protect Sheet) Use the Tab key to move from cell to cell
the way described below.

Hope this helps ...

"mulligbo" wrote:

I am entering data into 3 different columns, c1, d1 and f1. When I am
finished typing in f1, is there a way to get to c2 by pressing enter so I
don't have to select c2 with the mouse everytime I am finished in the f
column?

Thanks
Bobby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bobby,

You didn't say what happened when you tried Sandy's method. People often
don't say. It definitely works. Make sure that "Transition navigation
keys" (Lotus) isn't checked in Tools - Options - Transition.

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"mulligbo" wrote in message
I am entering data into 3 different columns, c1, d1 and f1. When I am
finished typing in f1, is there a way to get to c2 by pressing enter so
don't have to select c2 with the mouse everytime I am finished in the f
column?

Thanks
Bobby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When I do Exactly what Sandy wrote, when I hit enter in f1, i go to g1. TNK's
is not checked. I don't know why it won't work. I also had a peer tell me I
could do the same thing and it never worked when he showed me either????

Bobby.

"mulligbo" wrote in message
I am entering data into 3 different columns, c1, d1 and f1. When I am
finished typing in f1, is there a way to get to c2 by pressing enter so
don't have to select c2 with the mouse everytime I am finished in the f
column?

Thanks
Bobby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bobby,

If the Enter key is making it go across, look at Tools - Options - Edit -
Move seledtion after Enter. Sounds as if it's set to Right, instead of
Down. Set it to Down, and read on.

You wanted to enter into C1, then D1, then F1, then C1, etc. Try this.
After entering into C1, don't press Enter; press Tab. You should be in D1.
After entering data into D1 (or not), don't press Enter; press Tab twice.
You should be in F1. After entering into F1, press Enter. Should take you
to C2. Repeat, ad nauseam.

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com