Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Enter data to one spreadsheet, have other spreadsheets take that d

I am entering downtime into a spreadsheet for three different areas. Can I
enter all the downtime in one spreadsheet and have seperate spreadsheets for
the different areas automatically take that data pertaining to that area so I
don't have to copy/paste?

Bobby
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

yes, one way is workgroup features,(- (Sharing), note that some features are
not available when you share workbooks, merging cells deleting worksheets,
conditional formatting. On the Tools menu--share workbook--click allow
changes by more than one user (Note: even if your the only user and nameing
seperate worksheets.) The workbook should say [SHARED] then use the advance
tab-- Update changes (your choice)
Give this a try

"mulligbo" wrote:

I am entering downtime into a spreadsheet for three different areas. Can I
enter all the downtime in one spreadsheet and have seperate spreadsheets for
the different areas automatically take that data pertaining to that area so I
don't have to copy/paste?

Bobby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What you want done, can be done.

What, to you, constitutes a "spreadsheet"?

A worksheet in a workbook?

A workbook/file?

Do you want to link cells from one worksheet to other worksheets within a
workbook or from one workbook to other workbooks?

Whatever the case, see help on "linking" or answer the questions above so a
definite solution can be proposed.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 10:16:02 -0800, mulligbo
wrote:

I am entering downtime into a spreadsheet for three different areas. Can I
enter all the downtime in one spreadsheet and have seperate spreadsheets for
the different areas automatically take that data pertaining to that area so I
don't have to copy/paste?

Bobby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Enter data to one spreadsheet, have other spreadsheets take th

I would like to link worksheet to worksheet in a single workbook.

In one collumn I have 3 different areas, 303, 373, and 383. I input everyday
the downtime in a sheet called Entry. I would like to start 3 more sheets
303, 373 and 383 that would automatically update as I enter the data into the
Entry sheet. That way I don't have to sort then copy/paste the data for 303
entered in the Entry sheet to the 303 sheet.

I hope this is more clear.

Thanks so far

Bobby