Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel oddity

Hello,
I am having a problem which should not be possible. 2 seperate users are
accessing the same excel file on a remote network storage unit. Now, when
person A access's the file, the final production result on cell CD26 is
different than person B who opened the same file. I verified paths so there
is NO grey area, they are in the same place, now person A has FULL admin
rights to that file, whereas person B is limited to read only, and his file
states as much at the top, but the result in cell CD26 is different. I
remapped both their drives, and had the same result. Now, when we closed out
the files that had discrepencies, and reopened them the data on the original
now matched the incorrect data form the file that stated read only, and there
wa no changes saved, I closed and told itnto ignore changes and not to save
them myself. This is nto an isolated incident. This has happened in a few
different files, from several users, I do not even begin to know where to
look. Any advise?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What are the different values you're seeing on the two users' machines?
Perhaps some XL-wide calculation setting on one user's machine is returning
unexpected values.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.