Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Merge two spreadsheets with names database then search for duplica

I have two mailing data bases with names; I want to merge them into one
spreadsheet, then check for duplicates.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Copy both databases to one Excel worksheet preferably in the same column(s).

Then the massaging starts.

What do you want to do with duplicates if/when found?

Keep one of each and delete the extras?
Use Advanced filter and check "unique records" and "copy to another place"
See Debra Dalgleish's site for more on this.
http://www.contextures.on.ca/xladvfilter01.html

Tag them so you know which are duplicates and hide them?
See Chip Pearson's site for tagging and highlighting duplicates
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP