Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Offset to a referenced cell

Cell B2 Sheet2 in my workbook returns the value from cell A1 Sheet1. I want
cell B3 Sheet2 to return the value from a cell offset to cell A1 Sheet1,
(e.g. 2 columns right). However, I want to be able to change the cell in
Sheet1 that cell B2 Sheet2 references (e.g. to cell A2 Sheet1). I still want
cell B3 Sheet2 to return a value offset 2 columns right, but this time to
cell A2 Sheet1. Help. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

One possibility is to specify the address
e.g. using an initial apostrophe to format the cell as text:

In B1 Sheet 2: 'Sheet1!A1

In B2 Sheet 2: =INDIRECT(B1)

In B3 Sheet 2: =OFFSET(INDIRECT(B1),0,2)

Whenever the address in B1 Sheet 2 is changed e.g. to 'Sheet1!A2,
cells B2 and B3 refer to the new addresses.

Hth
Anthony