Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Closing but doesn't ask to save

We have someone at our office who must have used an option to turn off the
window that asked you if you wanted to save before exiting. She would like
this to ask her again because she will close by accident without saving and
then everything is gone. I cannot find this option to turn it back on and I
don't know what words to use to describe it in a search engine.

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't know of any such option in Excel. When code is being written in a
macro, it is common to want to disable then re-enable the alerts for some
reason. One thing that does happen occasionally in the development phase
(of the code) is the "DisplayAlerts = False " code runs, then an error is
encountered for some reason, and the DisplayAlerts = True doesn't run. When
this happens, you have to take measures to set the DisplayAlerts back to
True. This may be your problem. If you think this is a possibility, run
this macro:
Sub DisplayAlerts()
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub
No harm will be done if you run this code and this is not your problem. HTH
Otto