Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Selecting non-blank cells

I have a range of cells, only one of which (Variable) contains some text. Is
there a function to return the contents of that cell please.

thanks

Dave P
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Dave,

If you use EditGOTOSpecial and select constants

This should work.

HTH

Simon

Dave wrote:
I have a range of cells, only one of which (Variable) contains some text. Is
there a function to return the contents of that cell please.

thanks

Dave P

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you want an actual function then paste this into a module:

Function non_blank_finder(S_range As Range)
For Each cell In S_range
If cell < "" Then
non_blank_finder = cell
End If
Next cell
End Function

and this into a cell which is not in your range:

=non_blank_finder(your range)

HTH

Simon

Dave wrote:
I have a range of cells, only one of which (Variable) contains some text. Is
there a function to return the contents of that cell please.

thanks

Dave P

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Simon

Thanks for that it worked fine. I had assumed there would be an existing
function - silly me.

Regards

--
Dave P